Dr Jake's policies
Dr Jake fully understands that things can change and sometimes you'll have other priorities other than your treatment. Below are his policies so that you know what to do and understand what is reasonable should your plans change.
- This acts a consultation fee and a time will be reserved for your consultation +/- a treatment.
- If you proceed to have a treatment on the same day as your consultation, your $100 deposit is deducted from the total
- Very occasionally, Dr Jake may recommend delaying your treatment so that you can really think about things or perhaps it might be medically necessary to wait. In this circumstance, the consultation fee is not refundable.
If you want to re-book your appointment for another date or time, this is easy to do. There are two ways of doing this:
1) Do it yourself online. This is the easiest way to change your booking and can be done in your own time, 24/7
Simply follow the prompts and choose another time and date that's more convenient for you. Please note that Dr Jake is often booked out for weeks or even months ahead - so what you see available online is all that he has to offer. (This method assumes that you have shared your phone number/email when booking in and have accepted email marketing)
2) If you need help or have opted out of email marketing, you can call the clinic that you were booked into
Please do not call Mosman if you were booked at Surry Hills or vice versa - the two clinics are not linked as businesses. Surry Hills is closed on Mondays and reception will not be available on this day either. If you are a Surry Hills patient and need to urgently speak to someone on a Monday regarding your appointment, please just email firstname.lastname@example.org
cancellations & refunds
- If you decide to cancel for any reason 24 hours before to your treatment, your deposit will be refunded no questions asked.
- Please just email the relevant clinic (see the details below in the footer) and explain that you would like to cancel and be refunded.
- You'll receive an acknowledgement email reply and the refund will be processed back to the card that you used to book in. (Please be aware that this can take 5 working days)
- If you cancel within 24 hours , please note that your deposit will be forfeited.
A specific time and date is allocated for all patients and your deposit guarantees this. If you don't arrive for your scheduled appointment, you will forfeit your deposit.
If you have a history of three no-shows, Dr Jake reserves the right to cancel any future appointments
Life is never perfect and we totally understand - traffic or other problems will always happen! Dr Jake values his patient’s time and dedicates specific time slots to guarantee his full attention to your treatment. He will always do his best to run to schedule and we'll let you if we are also running late although this is rare.
But if you are running late to you appointment, please let us know as soon as possible - our receptionists will do their very best to see if Dr Jake can accommodate you later in the day. Due to how fully booked he often is, your consultation or treatment may have to be shortened or it may not be possible at all if it impacts the other patients already booked in.
follow ups and treatments reviews
Like any cosmetic or medical procedure, results are never guaranteed. They can vary and downtime or complications do occasionally occur. (These are explained in your consultation and consent process) Sometimes patients feel awkward when these occur and don't always tell us or know what to do.
If you are worried about something, please give us the opportunity to try and help you. All feedback is welcomed and Dr Jake will do his very best to help you. Every face is different and every patient has different expectations so it's often a case of re-discussing what was expected and very occasionally we may need to fine tune your treatment. (For example add a few extra units of anti-wrinkle treatment) Whatever the issue, you are encouraged to book in for a complimentary 'treatment review' if you have any concerns whatsoever about you treatment by booking the following options online:
- treatment review (anti-wrinkle follow up - 15 minute appointment)
If you've had a recent anti-wrinkle treatment within the last 2 weeks and would like to have a brief and complimentary 15 minute review, please use this booking option. This slot is designed for patients to come for a quick check up or those who think they may need extra dosing. You can discuss any concerns that you have such as asymmetry or the need for additional product if you think it may be necessary. (If any extra anti-wrinkle product is needed, this will be charged per unit as usual)
- treatment review (filler follow up - 30 minute appointment)
If you've had a recent filler treatment (within the past month) and you need a review for any concerns at all, please use this complimentary booking option. This slot is designed for patients who need to have their fillers assessed for issues such as excessive swelling, an obvious asymmetry or something else that you aren't sure about. Please let us know in the notes section of the booking what your concern is and do not use this booking for a routine filler treatment.
- If you have an emergency, please don't book here. Instead text Dr Jake directly on 0423796317 and also send photos of the issue so that a timely plan can be made for you.
Dr Jake will treat you with the respect and dignity that you deserve in your consultation - but he will also be very honest about what can and can't be done. And so cosmetic consultations or treatments can occasionally be confronting for patients. They can stir up deep-seated emotions for a number of reasons and occasionally, treatments may be refused if they aren't appropriate.
In the opposite way, treatments can also offer patients a huge boost in confidence. This is the ideal goal of a good treatment but it's also important to balance them and do them in an appropriate, staged-manner. Again, Dr Jake will reserve the right to treat his patients in a way that he feels is in your best interests.
If you aren't happy with something that occurs before, during or after your treatment, please let us know what happened. We recommend doing this in a brief email, describing what happened and why you are upset. Here a response will be given to you as soon as possible and an appointment will be made in person if appropriate to discuss your concerns. You can email Dr Jake directly on: email@example.com
Please note that refunds are never offered as part of a complaint resolution and this is also noted on your consent forms.
refusal of treatment
The clinic staff and Dr Jake will aim to be as polite and accomodating as they can. In return, we ask that our patients treat us in the same manner. Rude, threatening behavior or similar phone calls, texts or emails will not be tolerated. Medical procedures require trust between a doctor and their patient. In this rare circumstance, we reserve the right to refuse treatments, cancel future bookings and block online bookings from you.